Joining the Theatre Guild is a fantastic way to contribute to the mission of Utah Children's Theatre.
Utah Children’s Theatre Guild Guide
The Guild is a support structure of volunteers to provide tangible assistance on improving and maintaining the Utah Children’s Theatre. To be as efficient as possible, The Guild’s first focus is on physical support. The second on outreach and public relations which is optional. Below are the basic functions of the Guild and what is expected from Guild Members.
TIME/TALENT/MONETARY/NETWORKING- UCT Guild’s primary focus.
- Join the Guild and come to our monthly projects. (cast meals, cleaning, assisting staff, building maintenance). Guild “meetings” are changing to “Guild Projects”. Less talking, more doing!
- If your interest is in helping with production (costuming, sets, props, backstage), please ask the volunteer coordinator about opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invite your friends to join the Theatre Guild by contacting our Volunteer Coordinator: email@example.com
- Tell everyone you know about the good things that UCT provides to our community.
- Enroll your kids in classes, buy tickets, make a monetary donation—any size!
EVENTS/FUNDRAISING/COMMUNITY OUTREACH- UCT Guild’s secondary focus.
There are numerous opportunities for UCT to improve recognition in the community and raise funds. UCT staff members are constantly weighing those options and recognize the beneficial ideas that come from the Guild. To make sure that your idea is heard and allow the Executive Director to decide whether it can be implemented, please follow these steps (UCT’s operating budgets are tight and staff are often unavailable beyond their current duties, which is where you come in!):
- Write down your proposal including your idea and how will it benefit the Theatre, how much time and how many volunteers are needed, cost and plan to raise those funds, and who is needed to implement your idea.
- Submit your proposal to the Volunteer Coordinator in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org where it will be reviewed and forwarded to the Executive Director.
- Always attain permission from the Executive Director before acting as a representative of the Theatre or planning an event.